|Ribbon Star Quilt|
After I completed the block, I decided it was so pretty that I would use it as a feature block in a small quilt. So I framed it in some pretty fabric then got out some graph paper to figure out how to add blocks around it.
Once I had all the blocks worked out and the strips cut, it was easy to put together. I was still worried that my math skills would be off as would the quilt. But lo and behold, it all lined up as planned. Yay!
I started to quilt the borders with some wavy lines. For some reason I was bored with that but continued on anyway. Once I got all the borders quilted, I couldn't decide what to do with the blocks. The next thing I knew, this thing landed in the UFO pile. It's been there since last spring. With my fresh finish on another UFO, I was motivated to pick this one back up and finish it.
A few months ago, I did a quilt-as-you-go block of fabric that I turned into a basket. I quilted it by starting in the center and creating a maze of stitches all the way to the outside of the block. I decided that these blocks should be quilted that way as well. Before I knew it, I had the entire quilt finished. I spent yesterday adding the binding and the label it was completed in no time. I really like the look of this little quilt and it will look good across the back of my sofa for the rest of the summer.
I am really digging getting these unfinished objects done!