Getting Caught Up

I am so happy to have my Amara back. As soon as my dealer set the machine up, I went right to work. I had a half-completed quilt on the machine when it broke down, so I immediately finished it. That was my way of testing the machine to make sure it truly was working correctly.

Today I quilted a charity quilt that was due this past Thursday. I planned on turning it in to the church group at our meeting, but that was impossible since I hadn't had the machine for a few weeks. Luckily, the leader of our group will sew on the binding so all I had to do was quilt it. Now I will have to drop it off at her house. Here it is completed. I used a pantograph called Trumpet Vine. I like how the quilting shows up in the middle of the star blocks.

As soon as I completed the overdue charity quilt I loaded this one on my machine.
I used high-loft batting and I just love how the quilting pops. The pantograph is called Drift. I plan on stitching on the binding and turning it in when I drop off the other quilt. It's so nice to start getting caught up.

On a sad note, this is probably the last batch of tomatoes that I will blanch from my garden for this season. The weather has been cold at night even though the days are pleasant. It's just not warm enough for tomatoes to thrive any more. I'll be able to can a batch of stewed tomatoes and that's about it for this year. It's hard work but I enjoy the end result so it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment